Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Houseful of Fluff & Animals...

The last thing I want to do is fill up my tiny house with few dozens of animals... It was not my intention that the animals in my household suddenly became from 3 to 8 !

I had agreed to help Foster 5 kittens in the beginning, which sadly little grey-tabby - Baby, didn't make it... It is still hard to look at the photos after this time which is why their photos have not appeared in my Blog yet... After 2 months with me, the fellas have grown extremely fast and after 2 ivermectin shots, are now ready to be rehomed !


The 2 litters on the day they were brought in - covered in Fleas !


My little Baby that did not make it :(  Am so sorry little Buddy...

My favourite Orange one - Ponzu


The other Orange one...


The only Black Kitten in the litter & an angry little one... Successfully rehab-ed and now a cheeky little one!


.... and my Gorgeous Penelope aka 'Penny' who has charmed many....


Then came a Puppy....

Shall I name her 'Dobby' ? :) :)

This little sweetie Pie was wandering up and down my street; I came home one day and saw it scavenging food outside so I called it and was quite suprised she ran up to me so eagerly, tail wagging and playful! I brought some food out for it and she walloped everything... I thought she could belong to someone so I didn't take it in that night but couldn't stop thinking about it...

When I decided to catch it the next day, our friend was nowhere to be seen. Driving past the houses, I saw it hanging out in a neighbour's porch few doors down. Ok, maybe it squeezed in decided to pinch of some of their dog's food? I don't know - but I saw it running the streets again one afternoon as I was leaving for work and decided to grab it and bring it in to work with me.

Our little friend got vaccinated, dewormed and given a B-Complex jab to boost the immune system. So my colleague took such a liking to her and offered to Foster it and find it a home. Yahhoo!

But by the time I got back, neighbours were at my door asking me whereabout of the Puppy. Neighbours that I hardly speak to since I moved here. I explained that I'm with the SPCA and the pup was taken in as it was roaming around on the street as I assumed it didn;t belonged to anybody and if it DID belong to somebody then it shoudn't be roaming the streets in the first place! She was relieved and thanked me for helping the pup as she thought it had been nabbed by dog catchers...

To cut a long a long story short, a lady who lives a few doors down from me decided to adopt the Pup but changed her mind when the Pup developed fever on the 5th day and stopped eating. After treatment I brought it back to her and this lady said she couldn't cope taking care of it and of course it annoyed the hell out of me as I had asked repeated if she was sure she wanted the Pup before and now she changes her mind! I couldn't put the Pup back out on the streets again so I had no choice but to bring it back with me! I set her up in the kittens' room and the poor kittens had to move into Mama Cat's room.

Bailey was overjoyed at the prospects of a new Playmate but Poodley wasn't too impressed... After a few days of quarantine only were they all allowed to meet and play .. It was cool and Bailey of course adores the new puppy and played tirelessly with it; chasing and mouthing each other like long lost pals....

I have since named the pup, Dobby- after the creature in Harry Potter. Dobby has such a sweet personality and is getting more and more confident each day. She has now even learnt a bad habit of barking to order her "food" to be served ! I can't believe how smart she is from watching me prepare meals on the kitchen counter top she knows thats where her food source comes from ! As cute as it is, it's a pain in the butt when I'm making my Cofffee !






The Silly Duo ...

Will be bringing Dobby to the Petster Event this weekend and hopefully she will find a good, loving & permanent home that will give her the love and care she needs. My heart is heavy but I wan't Dobby to find happiness more than anything.... Wish us Luck! :)

2 comments:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Haiyooooo, Nic, you have a heart of gold! Taking in all the little waifs! So terribly sad about little Baby :'( At least her final days were happy ones. Penny and Black Kitty and all the other fosters are all just too beautiful and precious! Don't give Dobby to anyone who changes his/her mind as soon as the poor pup falls sick! Let's do our best to find her a better home! Let me try too! I will help!

A Big Kid with an Old Soul... said...

Dr.P just asked me if I could foster another 3 tiny ones !!! ARRGHH!! I'm gonna go Mad ! :( It's sooo hard... :'( What can we do ? How many can we help? We only have two hands ! :( :( AT least little Dobby found a Home although very unexpected... Sigh!