Saturday, May 14, 2011

At Last, A Home for Dobby.... again !!

So here we go again, stupid bug caused Blogspot to shut down for 2 days and when i get back in only to realize the latest Post about my Foster pup, Dobby has gone missing! I'm cursing the fact I never bother to back up my Posts and have to re-type everything again and most I have already forgotten! @#&%*......

I got a call from Dobby's new adopter last week and he gushed over the phone what a good girl she is and how she is adjusting. Sigh... It's really awesome to hear and this must be what keeps all the Animal Rescuers out there sane and Happy. With so much of abandonment, cruelty and overpopulation out there it's easy to lose your head and get frustrated.

The BFFs.....


Me with my weird posture, Dobby's Adopter and dude from Petster....

I was telling a friend the other day, fate has a funny way of reuniting a person and an animal. For Dobby's case it was rather unexpected as the Outreach location was crap - Outdoor but covered area provided with fans all around us but still me and my colleague K was panting in the scorching heat together with all the other animals. Then came Mr. G who as you can see, he's casually dressed in he's cotton bermudas and was probly just up for a lazy Sunday stroll. He came up to our booth and was so taken with Dobby sitting next to my other Foster kitten side by side. He asked a few Questions and said he'll come back after lunch. We just smiled knowingly, of course, most never come back! Later on, he was back with a group of he's friends all gushing over Dobby... So little Dobby had a new home at last ... Heavy hearted I loaded Dobby into the crate for my Colleague K to send her to their car. I keep telling myself it's for the best as much as I love her. :(   May you find happiness, love everyday of your life, Dobby!


2 comments:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

So happy for your lovely baby Dobby! Now to make sure Mama Cat doesn't disappear behind the fridge again! I went home and described Mama Cat's adventure to my mum, the way you told me. We both laughed like hell into our teh tarik, imagining the way you went round calling out for "Mama! Mama!" in the street and how you poked the grey hairs that looked familiar and it "kecut" back behind the fridge! Hahaha! Laughing now just thinking of it!

A Big Kid with an Old Soul... said...

Tell me about it !! Really like kartun ! ;-/ Its hilarious now but at that time I swear I wanted to kill her - make like a damn Fool calling her all over the place !!! She still goes under the fridge now despite attempts to cover the gap with big bottle of mineral water !! ;-(