Monday, March 28, 2011

Coffee, Jigsaw Puzzle and Phil Collins on a lazy Sunday afternoon

March has been a big ball of madness... What did you guys miss; let's see- Serdang Cat Killer Press Conference, Events, paperwork, helping my Dear's CSI Workshop, looking after my new batch of Foster kittens and I was on 8TV again!
Last Sunday was Jumble Sale in SPCA! Here's one heck of a TIP if you wish to save money in the long-run: Come and Shop at the Jumble Sale! Prices are unbelievable and you'll be amazed with all sorts of cool things you can find!

I managed to grab a bagful this round; ZARA top, MNG pants, H&M little dress and a 1,000 piece Jigsaw Puzzle for a bargain! I was so drawn to the picture of this Jigsaw Puzzle. It resembled so much like a little place my Dear took me to visit down in Devon! The puzzle is a gorgeous picture of an English Countryside scenery with a touch of Retro-ness to it; Quaint little Shops, Classic little cottage houses with thatched roofs, English ducks, English Mailman, Flowery Shrubs and a cool Retro Car!

'The Village Postman'

I flipped through my Album and found this photo with almost the same feel...
Modern Day thatched-Roof houses...


Quaint and idyllic Ledbury; I'm sure you get the idea....

Here it is, splayed on our dining table me & Dear worked at it like two hyper kiddies, sipping our Coffees with Phil Collins blaring at the background ... "My mama said, you can't hurry love, nooo, you just have to wait, she said love don't come easyyy..."



Painstaking... 40% within 4 hours non-stop!! I could probably sit there all night at it if I didnt have to work the next day!! :P

Turns out, Kevin Walsh, the artist of this Jigsaw Puzzle 'The Village Postman' has a host of other works. A quick Google and he was actually born in 1950, Yorkshire, England! The same place where the famed James Herriot onced walked the fields with he's Border terrier!

Some of he's artworks turned into Puzzles!! -


I looked at my phone again and it was already 12.45am.... My Dear had a good strategy, pick out all the distinctive pieces and put them together first which we did, and now we're stuck with all the Blue (Sky) and Brown (Thatched-Roof) pieces!! A big chunk of the picture is the freaking Roof and there are two Roofs! ARgh!! The Brown pieces all look the same so I spent hours fitting piece by piece!

We feared that Mama Cat will thrash our hard work during the night so we had no choice but to drape our bedsheet on top of the dining table. We found this morning our damned Cat had thrashed the bottom part of the Puzzle :-(

Anyhow, I highly recommend Jigsaw Puzzle as an activity for Couples ! Give the DVD Player a break !

2 comments:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Wow, you have SOME courage to attempt a big, challenging jigsaw puzzle with cats around! I brought some files home from the office once and the Rowdies all thought the files were new beds for them, ha!

Those are such charming paintings with such a peaceful and nostalgic feel. Can almost imagine James Herriot walking his beagle Sam through the fields... and the sweet shop that had the cat who overgroomed herself... and James Herriot going into one of those big houses to see to Mrs Pumphrey and Tricki Woo... lovely!

The photos you took are awesome too -- really captured the spirit of the place. Whoever said that England is cold and drab and grey? They must be mad!

March was a crazy month indeed, and thank goodness everything is winding down a bit. Let's hope there won't be any animal cruelty cases for a while.

Glad to know you had fun at the Jumble Sale... I bought Malcolm Gladwell's "What The Dog Saw" from the Jumble pile... now that the Workshop and some other urgent matters are done, I can sit back for a bit of light reading.

A Big Kid with an Old Soul... said...

Ahhh!! Jigsaw Puzzles are so damn addictive!! :-0 It's almost 80% done now left the blue sky bits !! Still, i find Jigsaws are awesome for the brain! :D

Sigh.. One thing I really miss from the UK is Cider !! Cheeeeaapss! :P

Will Pray for the day when Q can sit back with nothing to do! No cruelty cases to attend! Ha Ha!