Monday, December 27, 2010

Tis' the Season to Eat, Drink and Gain weight!

Ho Ho Ho ! I love Christmas!!! It is even nicer when you are celebrating Christmas with the ones you love :)

Growing up, our family never did much for Christmas (bcos they're all Tao-ist!!), so it was pretty nice to sort of start my own tradition this year now with our own place. But anyhow, nothing turned out as planned this Christmas! Let's recap...

Firstly, it was already an overwhelming week for me and all my colleagues having to pack up and get ready to move down to our tiny allocated new Office space :(  More on that in my next post.

Then, my Dear little car broke down on me few days before Christmas! The repairs cost me my two arms :'(  and only few days to Christmas I still haven't found my Dear a nice Christmas present!

Found these cute little wreathes in my store room while rummaging for stuff, couple of weeks before Christmas ...

Oh Christmas Tree... How pity art thou....!
We thought the tree would be safe propped up on top of our cabinets! Alas! It was swatted down Twice by Mama Cat and it lost a few baubles....
Frosty the Snowman was not spared as well! :( Poor man was brutally kicked out of he's Snowglobe home and we have resettled him into one of our Ikea glass bowls....

Merry Christmas Bailey Si Qweiley & Poodley !! I hope you know how much Mama loves you two !!

Daddy bought Si Qweiley a new bed (2nd bed..1st bed was shredded to pieces!) and a rattle snake toy!


Pressie from Ee Lynn!! Coca-Cola in a Tin foil box?....

No! It's assorted Fizzy Drinks Lip Balms !!! Sooo CUTE !!! Fanta!! Whoa! :) Love it !!

My very very Precious Christmas pressie!! I was a bit sad to part with my Old 6110 Navigator but Dear couldn't stand seeing the battered old phone and kept sneaking off at Shopping Malls and nicely hid this from me ! Still getting the hang of using this little Baby and it sure does ROCK!!! I have Wi-Fi on my phone! Yeee-HAA !


At first I thought of making Reservations for a Christmas Buffet Dinner for two at a Hotel or something, but a friend M asked us to cook and she wanted to come over to chill out. We said Ok, we'll cook then! We spent two days hanging out in Tesco shopping for food, brainstorming for the menu  etc etc ... Dear even spent the whole morning cleaning the house...

We wanted a merry Dinner so we asked our Dear friend Ee Lynn and a few more friends to join but sadly no one could make it, except out Dear Ee Lynn who braved the streets of Kepong to join us for Christmas Dinner! Three Cheers for Ee Lynn !! Hiip Hiip Hoorayy! We were disappointed the others dropped out on us so last minute and also my Brother was planning a BBQ on that same night and asked us to go!! ARGH !


Our Dear Ee Lynn who braved the traffic and thunderstorms to join us for our dinner and being entertained by Mama Cat...

Yumm Yuumm Butter + Baby Buns !


Main course; Pan fried Dory Fish served with steamed Baby Carrots, Broccolis and Shittake Mushrooms ... I thought the Lobster & Grilled fish platter was hilarious!!!


Our Christmas Feast! - Fruity Salad with eggs & diced Cheddar cheese, Mashed Potatoes with Onion Gravy (specialty of my Dear!) Pan-fried Dory fish marinated in Italian Herbs served with vegetables and stir-fry spaghetti

Tesco Minced Pie and Fruit Cake served with Vanilla Ice-Cream for dessert while watching my Dear's favourite Hindi movie'Chandhi Chowk Goes To China'!!


After our extremely stomach bursting Dinner, we crawled over my Brother's BBQ like Giant Catterpillars and ate some more food! Barbeque Char Siu!!! OMG! How to resist ??

So we ended the night 2kgs fatter, a fridge full of leftovers, beautiful pressies and fabulous memories! Hope you had a fabulous Christmas Celebration as well! Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year in advance!! :)

3 comments:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Thank you for having me, dear Nic! This is definitely one of the best Christmasses I have ever had! Bailey Si Qweiley, Poodley and Mama Cat a.k.a. Mog The Forgetful Cat are all so adorable and cuddly! The food was lovely and I woke up the next morning looking forward to heating up and gobbling down the previous night's leftovers, ha ha! And your house is so cute and cosy and comfortable. I almost spent the night, ha ha. Thank you for the awesome camouflage bandanna as well, I am even keeping the cardboard tag! *Chuckles* I am glad G bought you a new phone, your poor old phone was dying on you all the time! Shall we play "Taps" at the funeral of your old phone?

A Big Kid with an Old Soul... said...

Heya mate!! Thank you so much again for everything~! :) Really hope you enjoyed yourself! We'll try some new dishes next round and come round and hang out again! We had so much Dory fish left ended up mashing it with the boiled eggs and made some pretty awesome sandwiches with Thousand island!!
Haha, my poor old phone! It's hard to part with it after 4 years! It has been good to me! Sigh, anyway, have a good time in Bentong ya! Say Hi to all the furry fellas' for me :) Happy New Year! Big Hugs!

Haddock said...

Nice pictures.Agree with you about gaining weight.