Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Our Weekend Projects...

What do you do with a bag of free Coffee Ground Fertilizer?

Why, you buy more plants of course! :)

Another one of my weekend pastimes is to drag my Dear to some Plant nursery and buy more plants that I don't need and know nuts how to take care!

Some of our latest little "Projects"...

My "mixed-pot", an idea I learned from Gardening Mags...


"Mixed-Pot" up close: Tall flowers (RM 5 each) from Sg.Buloh Nursery, combined with little purple flowers from Old Klang Rd Nursery (RM 10 for 3 plants)


Strawberry Plant (RM10) from Amcorp Mall ...


Unknown Orchid species (RM10) from Sg. Buloh Nursery... Good news is, this little baby has seedlings ready to be germinated!  


Our Water Garden Project ...


The pot was set up to house this fellow, our Fighting Fish, Mr. Gloster...

2 weeks after feeding my plants with used Coffee Grounds courtesy of Starbucks I have to say there is a remarkable difference and all of my plants respond to it well. Even old' Big Bean Vanda Orchid has grown 2 new roots! Stay tuned for more updates!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great collection of photos, and yes used coffee grounds are just fantastic when added to the soil. I am building a comprehensive site on the use of coffee grounds for the garden and for compost. Stop by if you have the time:
http://groundtoground.org

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Great post, Nic! Would love to see your weekend projects.
"... buy more plants that I don't need and know nuts how to take care!" Hahaha! Very funny!
Am amazed that you have time for this despite looking after Ginger Mama cat for me. Thanks so much for your help, both of you! Big Christmas Hugs and Kisses!

A Big Kid with an Old Soul... said...

Hi Shane, Thank you so much for stopping by my Blog! I have visited your site as well and it's so informative and interesting! I can put a link to your site if you dont mind? Will be very beneficial to everyone :) !

A Big Kid with an Old Soul... said...

Heya mate! Bad news, Strawberry plant dead already! Wilted within 2weeks! :( No probs with Ginger Mama Cat, I'd gladly swap my Mama with yours! :D