Friday, November 26, 2010

...and we thought how bad can a Burger be ??

It's a Burger, for God's sake, how can people screw up a Burger?

When my friend invited me on Facebook to join this group call Groupsmore.com that basically gets you discounted deals for all sorts of Promotions but it needs a specific quota to make the deal work. One day they advertised for a 12-inches Monster Burger for 50% off at a Cafe called 'Cravings' in Sunway Giza.
I freaking bought 2 of those Vouchers as a suprise for my Dear! I thought 50% , what a Bargain!

So after a hard week, we went to treat ourselves for a meal. At first glance the Cafe looked OK, deco was so-so... I ordered a very interesting Ginger Fruit tea ad my Dear ordered the Coffee Float....

.... Then came the Burger ... all 12-inches of it ....

The bunch of Teenagers sitting behind us gawked at the Burger and laughed among themselves.

The "discounted" MONSTER-Burger at RM 12.50 ...

So what's so special about this Burger ? To be honest, nothing.
The Monster Burger boasts of being jam-packed with layers of stuff; starting off with a hash brown, Chicken ham, eggs, Fish fillet, Beef Pattie, Chicken Chop with cheese & lettuce in between. First of all, it is impossible to be tasting all of the stuff at one mouthful so you will have to take it apart and eat layer by layer anyway !!?

It looked impressive but the entire Burger was lukewarm to almost cold. Which made me wonder why good ol' RM 4.50 Ramli Burger is sooo Good, because it's served hot and juicy !

We also ordered the Beef Spring rolls and they were very tasty fortunately !
Halfway through the Burger, they brought the wrong drinks to our table. I ordered Ginger Fruit tea and they brought Honey Lemon.

By the end of the Burger, all 12-inches of it, our drinks still have not arrived! called the Waiter 3 times and he still said it was on the way ?! I was really parched and started to boil. After 35mins and done away with all the food, there came my Ginger Fruit tea. I told the Waiter to take it back. I asked why was it so difficult to make a drink when the Cafe is not even packed with people ? He couldn't answer and stammered something I couldn't hear. I lectured the poor waiter that's not the way to do business, if he had explained that this drink was not available then we will order another ! Why make me wait 35mins for my drink when I'm thirsty ??! 

Best part of all, my Dear's Coffee Float did not even arrive !! After 35mins !!!

We called for the Bill and saw they put the drinks as "Complimentary" which my Dear burst out saying " How can it be complimentary when it didn't even arrive ??"  Amazing, I'm thinking crap I'm not coming back here to eat again but I've still got 1 more Voucher left . Damnit.

So we decided to go to Starbucks for Coffee since our Complimentary drinks didn't arrive. We thought if they screwed up our Coffee that's it, we must be cursed !

Luckily *relief sigh*, Coffee was alright and I even got a free bag of Starbuck's Coffee Fertilizer ! Cool !
At first I wasn't so sure, then I Google-ed more information and apparently Coffee grounds are good for your plants and earthworms LOVE IT ! :)



" Used coffee grounds are a great fertilizer for gardens because of their high nitrogen content. Of all the mineral nutrients in the soil, nitrogen is generally the most difficult for plants to acquire. The reason plants have difficulty is because of the way they acquire the nitrogen. It is primarily thru their roots, which are buried in the soil. Most plants depend on mineral forms of nitrogen in the soil, and this is where your coffee grounds come into place. Your used grounds give your soil the added nitrogen that your plants need. Coffee grounds also contain potassium, phosphorus, and many other elements that aid in plant development. Many rose gardeners report that used coffee grounds aid in their roses development. Reports also add that when used coffee grounds have made their roses more colorful and larger than normal. In fact, when added to a compost pile used coffee grounds compost very quickly.
Nitrogen is a component of all proteins, and is crucial to life. In several studies, plants that have a nitrogen rich soil grew faster and larger then plants that grew in natural soil. It is clearly wiser to save those used coffee grounds and use them in your gardens or household flowerpots. If you are not using used coffee grounds you are wasting a great resource. "

1 comment:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Ah! Fertiliser! Just the thing I expect to get when I go to a franchise coffee chain for a latte! What a very normal day in the life of Glycole! Only in Glycoleland!

That burger looked like something out of a Garfield of Blondie comic strip! I would like a veggie version! But not if Cravings' service remains that crappy! No wonder they call it Cravings! People enter ravenous and craving something hot to eat and something nice to drink and they leave still with the cravings unsatisfied!