Monday, November 8, 2010

Lunch & Fleazy at FULLHOUSE

The mail-box at my front door gets spammed as well. Some days I enjoy looking at the odd Tuition Centre leaflets, Carrefour or Tesco Catalogue, ex-tenant's over due Astro Bills /Legal Letter, there's also a certain Advertisement Mag promoting all sorts of products and services ...

That's where I saw the Ad for a Flea Market named "Fleazy" (not even sure if it's a good name, is supposed to rhyme with Sleazy ??) launching on Sunday at NZX Mall in Ara Damansara. Wait a minute, do people still hang out in Ara Damansara ? 2 years ago, NZX mall was marketed as a hip, trendy Pet-friendly open-concept Mall. Since I've never been there I dragged my Dear & my friend M along.

Imagine our horror to arrive in NZX Mall to see most of the shops closed (like 80%).... No wait... They weren't closed, the shops tapau-ed already! We stood and stared at the huge Holly's Coffee all empty with dusty tables and chairs stacked up. The Vegetables market in the middle had gone bust as well. This is not good.
We saw the dismal looking Flea Market going on, Vendors were just setting up in front of Fullhouse Lifestyle Cafe, which was one of the only shops open for business. The other was a Kopitiam a few doors away! I planned to shop a bit at the Flea Market but was told there are no ATMS in the entire Ara Damansara! WTF ??!!



So not like we had much choice, me, my Dear and our friend M went in to Fullhouse to have our lunch... We really liked the full white deco although it does make a real Englishman cringe. The concept is definately unique but location hell wrong.

I ordered the Pan-Sear Chicken Chop, was OK, portion was average, sauce a bit strange as they put raisins in it ! Raisins in BBQ sauce served with chicken is tad bit odd for me. Don't get me started on the Bok Choy ! WHY ?? Did the market run out of Broccolis ?!? Of course, since you're paying close to RM 18 for this dish they might as well stick in a sprig of thyme on top.

Pan-sear Chicken Chop (RM 17.90)

Pan-Sear Dory (RM 17.90 .. i think?)

M ordered Dory fish which she said tasted ok. Again, presentation is the key. Don't even dream this is real-Dory fish. Highly likely Tesco's Vietnamese/Mekong Sutchi Fillets for RM 5.99 a kg.....  Dear ordered Nasi lemak which he exclaimed he's had better, that I also agree....

Nasi Lemak (RM 10.90)

There you have it, we concluded that Ara Damansara has gone tits-up; The roads going in is inconvenient and unless the entire area develops rapidly within the next 2 years, the owners of the shoplots can cry tears of blood.

1 comment:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Ugh! Bok Choy in a chop dish! Yuck! What next? Boiled Indian Spinach? Mashed radish instead of mashed potatoes?

That place is so dismal. I had to give a Green Living talk to a society in the area 2 yrs ago, so I decided to drop by NZX after the talk. Gosh it was depressing. Most of the shops have gone out of business. I could hear my own footsteps ringing through the empty boulevard. Sad, sad, sad.