Friday, October 15, 2010

There's a Carrie Bradshaw in every one !!

Didn't know buying shoes had a kind of thrill; especially if they are on Sale ! Before you start rolling your eyes at me, People who've known me for years know that I can't be bothered about shoes, at most I make two shoe purchases in a year and practically wear them to death before buying a new pair...

After causing much embarrassment to myself, with no proper clean shoes to put on for a Launching Ceremony (which I went in my tattered sandals!), I told myself Enough is Enough! How much lower could I go ? Why am I always the one with the dirty, torn shoes !

So on my day off, I did some shoe-hunting....

1st Shoe-hunting attempt at 1-Utama - Disappointment. Walked and walked from New Wing to Old Wing, at least 6 shoe shops, couldn't find anything nice! How is it possible ? 1-Utama is like friggin' enormous! Only managed a pair of Best Buy peep-toes on  from an unknown Brand 'Opera' !

2nd Shoe-Shopping attempt came by chance... Was meeting up with my friend at The Curve and while waiting for her, I spotted the SALE sign in front of Primavera... Ok, no harm having a look right ? A look led to me leaving the store with two gorgeous pairs of heels.... It's typical isn't it? When you're looking hard for something, you won't find it...  Only when you're not looking!


My favourite pair which was on 50% discount - RM 34.50 !! I am grinning as i'm typing this ...


Best Buy - RM 69 ... *Grin*


Also Best Buy from an unheard of Brand - RM 29.90 ! Cheap Cheap Cheap !

When I bought a cheap shoe cabinet few months ago from Carrefour, my boyfriend mockingly teasingly remarked "Why did you need one? You hardly got any shoes !" Hah! Now he'll be sorry he said that! :)

Also funny that I google-ed more about Primavera and there were actually complaints on Forums that the shoes were very poor quality. A girl fumingly claimed on a Forum the heel on her Primavera broke only after wearing it a few times and swore never to buy another pair of Primaveras! Well, I'll let everyone know if it happens to mine *touchwood*  If it does, then I guess it'll be More Shoes!!

I did feel a bit of guilt the next day, which I overcompensated with starving myself with my fridge leftovers. In a way I'm kind of glad to be a sensible buyer who loves a good bargain! Of course, there are people I know who brags about that RM 400 pair of ALDO pumps they proudly blew their money on!

3 comments:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Wow, very nice shoes! Glam up your shoe cabinet a bit! Ha ha! Who's Carrie Bradshaw, then!

A Big Kid with an Old Soul... said...

Haha! Thank you thank you! Then now those 3 pairs are gonna sit in the cabinet for months as I've got no where to wear them to! :D ha ha ha... Aiiseh man ...
Carrie Bradshaw is the lead character in Sex & the City ! Oh, if you have never watched any Sex & the City please tell me, I have full 6 Seasons ! You MUST watch it ! :D

A Big Kid with an Old Soul... said...

Oh and Carrie Bradshaw has a terrible Shoe addiction which she always max out her credit card buy to shoes!... :D Especially Manolo Blahniks, spelled something like that i think... :D