Friday, September 24, 2010

Is it really OK to be honest ??

Hello again, my dears... It's been a hectic week :( My dear Boss is on Maternity leave, its a BABY GIRL !!! :)
Our Dept. is feeling the weight of the workload and lonelier now that our Boss will be away for 2 months!!
I really am soo soooo happy for her and I can't believe how overjoyed I am to see the pictures of the Baby! Although I'm really not sure if I will be that happy if I had my own ! I'd probably start yelling "Siii Qweeeiileeyyy" at the poor infant the minute it's out of the birth canal ! :-/  Yes, I'd make the most horrid Mum; Don't ask.

Gifts for BB... I wish these came in my size ....
Aha~ But I did manage to meet up with one of my dearest girlfriends over the weekend.... She was excited about something and lured me out for late lunch with the word "M-U-F-F-I-N-S"... :)



Soooo, there's a new guy in the cards... I could see her eyes glowing and she's got that "smile" going on... "Tell me more... " I prodded. She goes "Oh, I don't know Nic... What do you think ? Should I go for it ?"
The Hippie-Devil May Care side of me immediately said YES! ... But the Logic-Rationale side of me protested... How am I gonna tell her ?? These matters can be quite delicate...

I love her to bits; We've been so close these years, I'd kill to see her Happy. Last thing I want is a Jerk-A** playing her out. Of course, she'd been single for awhile now.. and the other last thing I want is her being stuck with a freako-psycho-Abusive Relationship she can't get out of!

My Hippie side told her go for it, have some fun. Give the dude a probation period, well look if performance is not satisfactory in 3 months, cut the cords. I thought it was a good idea to help get her groove/modjo back!

Of course there were a few red flags;
1) Religion; Let's just put it this way- It's Complicated.

2) Financial capability; I did ask her to check out if he has bad debts.
Men+Debts= No good
Unless of course, it's debt from a House Mortgage or Car loan (s).

3) Boy's a sweet talker. Usually spells danger. Even more dangerous than good looking men....

Is it really acceptable to point out the negative stuff to your love struck girlfriend? Will she hate me?
But then again, who am I to tell her who she can or cannot go out with ?? To be fair, I haven't even met the guy. How is it even possible to love your friends and stop them from making mistakes ?? I guess you can't ! Heck, even parents can't stop their children from making mistakes !!

Being a good friend is not about being judgemental nor too critical when your close friend makes a decision, whether good or bad, but to be there for her when the time calls for it and give her your full support.

1 comment:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

The "Feed Me Or Nobody Sleeps" Bib is AWESOME!!! Where did you get it from?

The muffins are gorgeous too. Are muffins just cupcakes without frosting? I think the batter's different too, isn't it? Muffins have more ingredients and in them -- raisins, wholemeal flour etc. This makes the texture different from cupcakes, which are usually butter cake or sponge cakes.

I think you should hint to your friend that she should be careful and watch out for several danger signs. Good friends look out for each other, even if that means you put a damper on her joy. Chances are, she may already be aware of the dangers and may have contingency plans in place. So it would be good for you to know that too --- that she is not entirely helpless.