Sunday, May 9, 2010

English Odyssey: Ledbury Day 4

My first time living in a Caravan! It's equivalent to a Studio Apartment, minus another 300 square feet perhaps...

Morning comes and we are in Lucksall, a camp site for touring or static Caravans. With water, electricity provided and they even throw in free ducks for you! The gang of ducks were our source of Evening Entertainment!! This is also the place I learnt for the first time to make your showers quick, like PRONTO! PRONTO! Every 3 minutes costs 20p (RM 1.50) and you put the coins in a machine before you enter the shower cubicle and do your thang as quickly as humanly possible. Last thing you want is getting stuck in there covered in soap and the water has stopped running... Yes, folks, it did happen to me :(

In KL, we are so used to the fact and take for granted that we can get to anywhere in the time span of literally minutes! A Supermarket, McDonald's or even Starbucks could be walking distance... But Oh nooo, not in countryside England. Going to the supermarket could take 40minutes, which the nearest was a Morrison's in Ross. 




Bulmers, Now....
... Bulmers, back then....
Aaahhhh.... the good stuff !


So today my boyfriend wanted to take me to see Ledbury, about two hours drive from Hereford. Ledbury is a really scenic Old Town famous for producing Jams/ Fruit Preserves for at God knows how many decades, and currently the place that produces Bulmers Cider!

The famous Historical Town Market .... I'm sure you see a lot of these houses in Sg.Long !






The Horseshoe Inn /Pub...

When we got there I was dumbstruck! What a pretty place! Flower pots flowing with flowers everywhere, so neat so tidy! How charming! :) It was noon and both of us were starting to feel hungry. Although, I'm not a fan of "Chippies" (Fish & Chips) and hardly order it in KL, but hey, it's an English thing, so we it was Chippie with Salt N' Vinegar for lunch...




Much to my embarrassment and to my boyfriend's horror, I said "Wow, check out the architecture! Looks so pre-war ..." He balked at me saying "What Pre-War ?? These things have been around for hundreds of years!! " ... The thing about growing up in KL, the oldest buildings are probably those shoplots found on Jalan Raja Laut or Jalan Sultan, Petaling Street!!

As we walked to the little alleys I was more and more enticed what a cute place this is!







In this little alley was the Ledbury's Museum which housed all the Historical Information dating back to the 1700's ! We flipped through a Photo Album compiled since early 1900's and there is actually a photo comparison of the Town in 1908 and 2001, apparently nothing has changed. Everything looks exactly the same. I started to feel a bit creepy....

Victorian Gowns preserved in pristine condition...



Those days the people took their baths in these....

.... and if this isn't enough to creep you out!! 

We also stopped by the Ledbury Parish Church and after that we decided to head back to Hereford... We stopped by Countrywide to shop for some Horse Riding stuff as I'm going for my first Horse Riding Lesson tomorrow in Bristol Horseworld ! Stay tuned !


I love Countrywide !!! They have Cheap and awesome dog toys, dog treats, and I got my riding boots for only £20 (RM 112) !!!

No comments: