Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hoppy CNY !!

Gong Hei Fatt Choy! Hoppy Bunny Year to you!
Poods in her sexy Cheongsam, a gift from Aunty M ....

It's quite an eventful CNY for me this year. I thought I'd be working all the way to CNY Eve but certain turn of events made me apply for a 13day leave! My Dad called and asked me to help at the shop one morning which they are short handed as usual. Initially, i turned him down. After my morning coffee, I felt bad. So, i spent a week at the shop, just like Old times! Looking at Mandarin Oranges now makes me a little sick....

Hours were so long in the shop and started wee hours in the morning. By the time I got home, it was dark and I could't see my Guppies or admire my waterlilies for a week! Also, 13 days worth of unchecked e-mails was not funny. Being away from work was a bit hard. It was a bad time to be away as the Poodle abuse case was going on and as usual the ugly side of humans reared it's ugly head. Everybody suddenly had "information" pertaining to the case and when asked to step forward no one wanted to be named. 

I wished badly that all animal abusers, people who do bad things to children, women & old people all die a horrible death - like being run over by a truck or something. There is no excuse for mistreating any animal or person. Which comes to the age old question, will Justice prevail?  We were watching an Episode of Criminal Minds one night about a dying old man who used to be a Judge so he hired a hitman to start murdering the rapist/criminal that got away unprosecuted. Towards the ending he said something interesting about the same Justice system he fought hard for only to watch in the end the people who killed he's loved one walk free.

My point is, it's easy to let emotions rule decision-making and make some people want to take matters into their own hands but I wished more than anything for people to try and understand and be nice rather than point fingers to blame and use harsh words. Offer help instead and give something solid and is of good use, not some random rumours.

If I learned anything at all, is that there are a lot of "Armchair Acitvist" out there who only shout orders or criticize but never got their hands dirty with doing the actual work to save anything. Don't look so suprised if I were to tell you how many times I heard someone claim they "save" animals by picking them up from the street only to dump them in an animal Shelter or to the next convenient person!

Ok. I'd better stop. Back to more comforting topics like Gardening....



When the first waterlily bud popped out I was happy beyond words! The first bloom after such a long time made me want to cry... Some pictures to share with you....

One day, the Waterlily blessed me with double flowers... It is so beautiful i could weep !

Up Close & personal... So pretty, So pure.....

I start my morning with my big cup of coffee and sit beside this Beauty....

Bliss Therapy...

And this pretty little waterplant where Mr. Gloster is living with seems to be doing well awarding us with the occasional purple cluster of flowers....

Cute purple flowers; close-up...

Last night after dinner at Tesco Kepong, while were doing our groceries we spotted rows and rows of these teeny little succulents! They're so small and hilariously cute! Really couldn't help it and picked these two....


Tiny succulents from Tesco, RM 1.99 each !

Hope this puts a smile to your face and have a good week ahead....  :)

1 comment:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Hey, mate! I did wonder about how you were coping with all the work at your Dad's shop! Thank goodness your Dear was around to help you with the woofies and garden, or you'll come home to 2 anxious dogs and a bunch of dried up plants. The poodle case made me angry, frustrated and sick, too. All month long, idiots were forwarding the video clip to me, as though I have been living under a rock, and asking me what was I going to do about the case. What was I going to do?!?!? Knock on every door and beat up every Ah Beng with a tattoo?!?! It just left a sour taste in my mouth during the CNY celebrations. Thank goodness I got to spend time with you and your Dear, it made me feel so much better, my BFFs!
Your waterlilies look so good! You really have green fingers! And my little friend Poodley is gorgeous as usual! Love her cheeky grin! As though she is aware how pretty and sassy she looks!